When I returned home for the holidays in 2013 at over 300 lbs, my parents and I had a serious conversation about my health. I’d attempted personal trainers, weight loss programs, etc. even fat camp in the past, but none of those had stuck. I was binge eating frequently and suffering from hypothyroidism, high blood pressure and teetering on the edge of pre-diabetes. I’d given up all hope that I could handle the issue without intervention, resigned to the fact that I’d spend my life obese. My health issues had become serious enough that I began researching weight loss surgeries. I soon learned that the higher my weight, the more dangerous the procedure. I also learned that following the procedure, I’d have to completely overhaul my lifestyle. Before consulting a doctor, I decided to see if I could make the changes - diet and exercise - that would prove necessary post-op. I gave myself 30 days.